To be completed based on bottom-up and top-down proposals (including invited presentations).
Some open papers might be grouped in symposia.
An open paper will be presented in about 15 minutes (including questions/answers); if this is invited, it can take 20 minutes. A symposium should be maximum 90 minutes (including discussions).
The objectives of this section are:
- To stimulate CBTs and other evidence-based psychotherapy professionals to participate in the Congress, to explore bridges and collaboration strategies with the goal of moving the field closer to a more integrative CBTs and/or evidence-based psychotherapy;
- To stimulate professionals from the major fields of psychology and REBT to relate to each other (e.g., developmental/educational/school psychology to rational emotive education; work/organizational psychology to REBT/CBT coaching; pastoral/spiritual psychology to REBT pastoral counseling);
- To encourage researchers from clinical cognitive neurogenetics sciences to participate in order to explore together the role of REBT in understanding human mind and behavior;
- To encourage the approach of REBT in the following contexts: personalized evidence-based treatments/technology/machine learning-data mining/transdiagnostic-network analyses/cross-cultural.
The applications will be open between 15 January 2019 to 28 February 2019. The announcement of the selected papers will be made in 15 March.
Preliminary top-down defined Symposia
1. From single case experiments through clinical trials to big data (machine learning/data mining/network analyses/IPD metaanalyses)
2. REBT in the context of cognitive neurogenetics
3. REBT in the cross-cultural contexts